Tuesday 24 February 2015

Cat in the Hat 1st birthday party

Ok so let's move on to my son's 1st birthday party from this past October. It was a Cat in the Hat theme and to say I had a blast throwing this themed party would be an understatement ;) 

I truly love throwing parties for my 2 kiddos and that is why I decided to take my creative side to a business level. 

Okay onto the important stuff - pics of the details. 

This first picture was again made my my very amazing and patient hubby. It's was used as the backdrop for the cake/candy table. 


The next few pictures will be pretty self explanatory - and all phrases come from either titles or saying from Dr. Seuss books. 


All labels where made by me. 


Used some books as props. 


Here's a view of how the backdrop was used. 


I made these "sweet" green eggs and ham the morning of the party. I used pretzels as the base for the "ham" and white wafer chocolates for the "egg" and a green m&m for "egg" as well. Baked the chocolate on top of the pretzel for a few minutes in the oven and then place the green m&m on the egg white.  These were a huge hit at the party! 


The next few pictures show some glass jars that I customer made to fit in with the cat in the hate theme. 



Thank you jars I made for our guest to fill with treats to take home. And then the jar could be used for the kiddos as pencil holders or what ever else they would like :) 





Cotton candy on cupcake to look like thing 1 and thing 2 crazy hair :) 



A full view of main table


I didn't get a good picture of the loot bag table but they where all Dr. Seuss bags and also had a book for guest to sign for the birthday boy 


On each table had a little sign with a common phrase from a Dr. Seuss book 



I made an entrance sign to our party room. 


And finally a picture of the party hat I made for the birthday boy. 


Hope you enjoyed The Cat In the Hat party!! 

Email or message me if you are intrested in any further info on my party or designs. 

Tania 























No comments:

Post a Comment