Friday 20 February 2015

Picnic birthday party.

So my daughters birthday is in the summer  (which I love) so what better time to have a picnic birthday party at a park. 

We rented out a local park with shelter incase it rained with our city. And it sure turned out great no rain just sunny skies. 

Ok on to some details of her 3rd birthday party and lots of pics ;) 

Her invite I created. And we even had a surprise for our guest at 5 pm keep reading to find out what it was ;). 


The next few pictures will feature some of the decor and food spread we had. 
Custom built vintage box (made by my fantasic and patient hubby) for our cutlery. 


I purchased these blow up food pools that you could fill with ice to keep foods cool in hot weather and safe of course too. 


We served sandwiches and fruit because what else do you bring to a picnic ;) 


And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids. 



I used fake grass patches from dollarrama and grass balls to play into the picnic theme. Also used chalkboard signs in mini planters to label the food choices and condiments. 



I found a wood/branch type of napkin holder. 


Caterpillar grape skewers. 




Centerpieces were mason jars with lemon wedges and white and yellow  flowers and some orange and yellow flowers. 



Next up is the loot bags for th kids. I wanted them to have a picnic box feel so I printed a weave pattern on brown paper which I then glued to the front and back of the box. 


Then added some checkered ribbon with a label with child's name. 
Along with some ribbon on the handle; red for the girls and blue for the boys. 

For each family I always like to send them away with a little thank you. I usually try to stick with the theme I went with these picnic boxes I found which open up into a little placemat to have a picnic on. I wish I got a picture of them open because they are super cute. 


My daughters picnic cake 


We did have a face painter and she also did balloon animals for the kids. 

That is my little lady getting her face painted - as you can she in her red and white outfit to go with her theme. 


And finally our 5 o'clock surprise - I had an ice cream truck come to give all our guest a special treat on our hot picnic party!!   



Hope you enjoyed :) 

Tania 















1 comment:

  1. Best theme for kids. They really like adventures and eatables managed this way. Cake design is out of the world I must say! Colors are cute too. Sandwiches and pies are almost loved by all. Still remember my niece's birthday at event locations last year. Will make it much more interesting coming month.

    ReplyDelete